In a common sense – to manage – means to direct or administer.
There are many definitions of the concept of management:
• the ability to set goals and achieve them,
• the ability to manage is to dispose of the organization’s resources.
Regardless of which of these definitions is better, more complete – read – better reflecting the essence of the modern meaning of this concept, the most important thing is that the science of management is, in fact, the science of efficient operation.
Management understood as a field of study:
• develops intellectual efficiency and personal competencies,
• teaches teamwork,
• enables planning and career development with activities for the benefit of the organization,
• broadens the horizons of thinking,
• gives the opportunity to „migrate” to any other profession – both in the humanities and social sciences,
• teaches how to define goals, identify needs and resources necessary to achieve them,
• teaches effective communication, negotiation, and persuasion.
• the original combination of management science with other areas of social and humanistic knowledge,
• running sponsored and commercial scientific and research activities,
• participation in process of educating outstanding educators and scientists who combine theoretical knowledge with the practice of socio-economic life.
AND SPECIALIZATIONS SUCH AS:
• International relations
• Tourism and hospitality
• Business and economy
• HR management
• Business management
• Financial management and banking
“The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say „I.” And that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say „I.” They don’t think „I.” They think „we”; they think „team.” They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don’t sidestep it, but „we” gets the credit. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.”
According to Peter F. Drucker, in a modern organization, a „manager” is any white-collar worker who, under his position or knowledge, is responsible for the contribution of work that physically affects the organization’s ability to achieve achievement. It may be about the company’s ability to create a new product or increase its share in a given market.
A manager is a person who:
• can understand the organization and its functioning mechanisms,
• they know how to use the resources and potential of the organization to achieve the set goals,
• they can and are not afraid to make decisions,
• can manage their own and team members’ time,
• observes and understands social processes and structures in which these processes take place,
• is not afraid of changes, can introduce and manage them,
• always tries to see all problems and issues,
• can use knowledge about society on a micro and macro scale to build their activity and the surroundingcommunity,
• is equipped with the knowledge and tools necessary for a good functioning on the labor market,
• can meet the challenges posed by globalization and constant changes in the labormarket.
Classes include topics as:
-Basics of management
– basics of statistics
– basics of entrepreneurship
– projects managements
– methods of social and market research
– organizational behavior
– information processes in management
– contemporary economic theories
– basics of sociology
– basics of economy
– basics of computer science
– basics of law
– social psychology
– philosophy and logic
Classes include educational content such as:
– contemporary management theories
– Public finances
– finance company
– financial accounting
– learning about the organization
– public safety
– quality management
– preparation and implementation of a research project
One of the basic subjects is Preparation and implementation of a research project, which is a modified version of writing a thesis and combines the acquired knowledge with practice.
Classes in the third year focus on a previously selected specialization.
The teaching staff of the University is professional teachers with many years of academic experience and practitioners – high-class specialists in their profession. All academic teachers systematically raise their qualifications and improve their competencies, gaining the ability to use innovative teaching methods. They regularly publish scientific articles and research reports and participate in scientific conferences and seminars.
Zapisz się już dziś i uzyskaj świadectwo ukończenia studiów podyplomowych wydane przez WSZP Warszawa.